Friday, May 29, 2009

The Stranger

"Who?" the stranger replies as he glares at me. Maybe I went to the wrong house. I thought. The stranger was tall and had on an old late centuries hat on. He was probably old fashioned.
I stared at him for a brief second and asked again, "Do you know where Alice is?"
"I'm sorry, there is no Alice here." he snickered. I narrowed my eyes and took a step back looking at the address. Nope, I didn't go to the wrong house, maybe she gave me the wrong address. But why would Alice do that? The man asked me if I would like to come in and call Alice to see where she was. I shook my head "no" then ran to the neighbors house. Maybe Alice lives here. I thought, and knocked on the door.
"Why hello there child. Looking for Alice again?" he asked grinning at me. The same man. I looked at him with the strangest face ever, my mouth wide open, horror pumping through my veins. What the-? I ran down the street until I was sure I was far away from him.
I kept walking until I found my house, relief quickly washing over me. I opened the door and found the man again. This time I was sure I was going crazy. I screamed and everything went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment